Today I’m going to share a quick and easy family recipe that’s cheesy and delicious. It’s perfect for the weeknights when you are looking for a “quick” meal to serve the family. It’s almost a skillet meal except for the part of boiling the pasta in another pot. Aside from that, it’s all in one pan.
Kids just love this recipe because it doesn’t have any “veggies” and I love it because it quick and easy. It’s loaded with a ton of cheese which is like my biggest weakness! I dare you to look at the cheese and not want to dig right in!
The trick to making the pasta in a jiffy is to put the water to boil first before doing anything else. While the pasta is cooking, I sauteed the chicken breasts with garlic and bell pepper.One thing I love about cooking with chicken breast is that they cook incredibly fast! 10 minutes max and your done! After I sauteed the chicken for a good 5 minutes I added the past sauce and let it simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes, after that I added the cooked pasta some cheese on top and watched it melt!
Quick and Easy 15 minute Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in strips
- ½ bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3 cups cooked pasta (1.5 cups dry pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium sauce pain bring 2 cups of water to boil, pour 1.5 cups of uncooked pasta and 1 tsp salt into the water. Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut chicken breasts and bell peppers into strips. Heat pan and pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into pan, add chicken, garlic, and sliced bell pepper, saute for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add the marinara sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes while the pan is covered. After 5 minutes, drain the water from the pasta and pour pasta on the chicken mixture. Mix well, add the cheese and turn off. The cheese will melt from the heat of the pan.
- Top with Parmesan and enjoy!