Alright people, I’m officially attempting to diet AGAIN; this is like my 126th attempt (random number huh..). We all do it, we diet for 2-3 days and then forget about the whole dieting thing as soon as we see that nice and gooey doughnut or that fudge brownie. Okay, I seriously gotta get back on track!! I already forgot my New Year’s resolution and it’s only February!
Can I ask you for one favor? Next time I post a dessert recipe, please remind me about my commitment; believe it or not, I eat like everything I put on this blog. No, seriously EVERYTHING..
I decided to start off my spree with this crunchy chicken salad because it’s fun, easy, and delicious! Of course I couldn’t eat just salad; I wanted a little more out of it, so I added some breaded chicken and spiced it up with some Spicy ranch dressing. I also added some red and yellow peppers to give it that vibrant taste. End result, AMAZING!
If your on a strict diet you can go ahead and grab my grilled chicken recipe here and use it instead of the breaded chicken. I personally enjoy both grilled and breaded chicken on salad; so it basically all comes down to preference. I love this salad because you can serve the chicken warm or cold; so it can be prepared ahead of time and also makes a great salad to take to work.
- 1 chicken breast
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ yellow pepper sliced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- For the Spicy Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- ½ tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Chicken:Heat pan on medium heat;Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Slice chicken breast in half so that it makes two fillets. Dip in bread crumbs and place on hot oil. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is golden brown in color. It won't need a lot of time to cook because the chicken should be thin. After the chicken is cooking remove from heat and cut into strips. Arrange on the salad.
- Salad and Dressing:
- While the chicken is cooking,mixing bowl mix all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside. In a salad bowl, mix the bell peppers and romaine lettuce. Divide the salad mixture into the salad plates, Top with the spicy ranch dressing, add the sliced chicken and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy warm or cold!