Tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Chipotle lime salmon is smoky, spicy and delicious. It’s ready in under 15 minutes with only a few basic ingredients.
If I had to choose a favorite seafood I think salmon would be my first choice. Salmon cooks pretty quickly and is delicious when baked, grilled, or pan seared. I have a few quick and easy salmon recipes here on the blog and this is another easy delicious salmon recipe. In fact, it’s so easy make and tastes seriously delicious thanks to the chipotle peppers.
I used canned chipotle peppers along with the chipotle sauce that comes in the can. The chipotle adds a smoky flavor that’s out of this world. To begin simple blend garlic, chipotle peppers along with the sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, and oil. The mixture will make a thick paste that will be used to spread on the salmon. After rubbing the paste on the salmon, bake for 15 minutes (more or less depending on the size of your salmon).
That’s pretty much it folks! A simple and extremely flavorful salmon recipe that is a keeper. Be sure to check out the video below for more details!
Easy Chipotle Salmon
- 1 Ib salmon fillet
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (see not below)
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degree F.
- Place garlic, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce in food processor. Squeeze in the juice of ½ lime, add salt, pepper, cumin, and oil. Blend for about 1 minute or until the garlic is minced.
- Slice salmon into even portions (2 or 3). Lay them onto a lined baking dish with the skin-side-down. Rub the chipotle mixture onto the salmon; top, sides and skin side.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until just cooked through and flaky. Be careful not to over-cook or it will be dry. Serve with veggies, rice, tortillas, or in tacos. Enjoy!
NotesThe canned chipotle peppers come in adobo sauce (see video above). Use the chipotle along with some adobo sauce for this recipe. Store the remaining chiptole and sauce in the fridge in a plastic container for up to 1 month.