This post brought to you by Sunsweet Growers. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Gimme Delicious. Healthy mango cashew balls are the perfect energy boosting snack. They are packed with cashews, coconut and Sunsweet Philippine Green Mangos. It’s always a great idea to have healthy snacks on hand. Every evenings after dinner My chocolate cravings kick in and I end up eating a whole bar of chocolate or a bowl of ice-cream. lately I’ve started making these healthy energy balls and taking them with my everywhere.
They are great when you start craving something sweet or when you just need an energy boost. The dark chocolate is the perfect coating for these energy balls and it’s actually good for you!
I like to use Sunsweet dried mangos when I make energy balls because the mango is plump, juicy and always delicious. It’s never sour or hard. Sunsweet recently released a new flavor of mangos and when I saw it in the supermarket I knew I had to try it. They are Philippine green mangos and each piece of the Green Mango is packed with delicious tanginess that will leave you craving your next bite.
Sunsweet Philippine Tropicals are sourced from unique microclimates with ideal growing conditions that deliver an amazing taste of the tropics. Succulent and sweet, these sweet treats are a guilt-free tropical get-away for your taste buds
The new Sunsweet Pacific Tropicals flavors come in Philippine Mango, Philippine Pineapple, Philippine Green Mango and Thai Coconut Chip. They are all so delicious and rich but I have to say as a standalone snack, the Thai coconut has to be my favorite. It’s lightly toasted and crunchy and is a perfect alternative to chips. Okay now let’s getting started with these mango cashew energy balls. Begin by soaking the cashews and mango in water. Next, pulse them in the food processor until sticky. Then dip in melted dark chocolate and wait for them to dry before indulging!
Mango Energy Balls
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup Sunsweet Pacific Tropicals Philippine Mango
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted (optional, not included in nutrition facts)
- Soak cashews for 1-2 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Soak mango for 20-30 minutes until slightly softened, but not mushy.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except honey. Pulse to combine until a sticky dough is formed. Taste for sweetness and add honey if desired.
- Spoon out about a ½ tablespoon amount of mixture at a time and roll into a ball with your hands. Dip into dark chocolate and place on parchment paper. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Now for the best part! Sunsweet is hosting a Sunsweet Find Your Paradise Sweepstakes ! You can vote for your domestic Tropical vacation! To enter, all you do is pick between Hawaii, Florida, or a Cruise! Plus, there are additional opportunities for weekly winners to receive a gift basket containing the new Tropicals flavors and beach gear.