Healthy quinoa, avocado, and blackened Cajun shrimp bowls are loaded with flavor and texture. They make a light and fresh lunch or dinner!
These shrimp, avocado, and quinoa bowls are my go to when I’m craving a flavorful filling meal but want to eat clean and keep the calories as low as possible. You can’t really go wrong with this delicious blackened Cajun shrimp. It makes a great addition to the quinoa and the creamy avocado. This nutritious meal is loaded with vitamins and will keep you full without adding to your waistline!
Shrimp Avocado Quinoa Bowls
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or your favorite greens
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced (optional)
- Lime for dressing
- For the qunioa
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa (any variety white or golden, red, or black)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Shrimp
- ½ pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- ¼ teaspoon EACH salt, onion powder, thyme, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- To cook quinoa: Start
off byboiling water for the quinoa. Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a large saucepan. Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain well. Stir in salt and quinoa. Lower heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- To Cook the shrimp: While the quinoa is cooking, In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, and spices. Heat a large heavy-duty non-stick pan
tomedium-high heat for 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot, coat the pan with a light drizzle of oil (if using a non-stick pan) and cook the shrimp in batches for 2 minutes per side or until charred and cooked through. Do not over-crowd the pan.
- Divide lettuce (or greens) into two large serving bowls. Top each bowl with half the quinoa, shrimp, avocado, tomato, and onion. Drizzle with lime, sour cream, or your favorite dressing or try our healthy avocado dressing!