Chipotle's Chicken Burrito Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice
- For the Chicken Marinate
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Halves
- ½ a Lime, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 packet taco spice mix
- ½ teaspoon tomato paste (optional)
- For the Rice
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ lime
- bunch of cilantro
- For the Burrito Salad
- ¾ cup sliced bell peppers (any color combo)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup of canned corn
- ½ cup of canned black beans
- 1 cup chopped Romain lettuce
- 2 scallions chopped
- small bunch of cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Wash rice in a large bowl under cold water for 2-5 minutes until the water runs clear. Allow to soak for at least 5 minutes. Boil 3.5 cups of water in a large sauce pan, pour rice and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until the water has dried into the rice and the rice is soft. Place 2 tablespoons of butter on the rice to melt with the heat off, Cover and set aside.The cilantro and lemon will be added later before serving.
- In a medium bowl Mix the halved chicken breast with the olive oil, tomato paste, taco spice mix. Squeeze half of a lime on the mixture and mix. Cover the chicken and allow to marinate in fridge for anywhere from 15 minutes-3 days.
- Heat a grill, griddle or pan on medium-high heat, place chicken on grilled and cook for 5 minutes on each side. remove from heat and set aside.
- While the chicken is on the grill chop all of the veggies, and salad.
- After the chicken has finished cooking and the rice is ready, In a medium bowl toss the rice with minced cilantro, salt and the juice of half a lime. Spoon the rice into bowls,top with salad mixture (beans, corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, cilantro). Place chicken on top and top with 1 teaspoon of sour cream and chopped scallions.
- Enjoy cold or warm!