Healthy tender lemon chicken with crispy roasted broccoli is baked in one pan and ready in under 20 minutes! Quick and easy meals are the only type of recipes in my dinner rotation this summer. We are prepping for the summer heat, a vacation, and lots of outdoor fun, so cooking is the last thing I want to worry about!
You know how much I love healthy dishes that are also quick and delicious and this one pan baked lemon chicken and broccoli is just that. The entire dinner is baked in just one pan and is sooooo good! plus, it bakes in just 20 minutes, so that’s a huge plus!
The chicken is dipped in a lemon, butter mixture and then coated with panko breadcrumbs and parmesan. On the side I like to add broccoli because they cook at the same rate but asparagus, zucchini, or green beans will also work.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders about 4 breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- cooking spray or oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil or grease with oil; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in halves then into long tenders about 2 inch wide.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in shallow bowl and set aside. Combine the lemon juice and zest, butter, garlic powder, and italian seasoning in another bowl.
- Dip chicken tenders one at a time in the lemon butter mixture then into the breadcrumbs and line tenders on the baking sheet. Repeat until all tenders are coated. Top chicken with fresh lemon slices and drizzle with remaining lemon butter mixture (if any)
- Add broccoli to the pan. Spray chicken and broccoli with cooking spray or drizzle with a tablespoon of oil. Lightly sprinkle broccoli with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is golden and tender and broccoli is crispy.