Healthy baked cauliflower bites are made with just 3 ingredients and a few herbs and spices to make the perfect low-carb appetizer or snack. Hey internet friends! Who’s ready for another round of low-carb finger food?! you know that’s my specialty, and I just can’t get enough of this low-carb stuff.
I made these tiny cauliflower cheddar bites yesterday and I devoured the whole batch in minutes. No guilt needed. They are crispy, cheesy, healthy, and just delicious.
They’re made with only 3 main ingredients. The cauliflower, cheddar cheese and an egg. To spice things up, I like to add some herbs and salt + pepper.
Pop them into greased mini muffin pans and bake until golden. The result is tiny bits of low-carb goodness. Freeze or refrigerate the cooked batch and enjoy them at work or as an anytime snack!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets frozen or fresh
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp oregano optional
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with oil and set aside (you can also use a 12 cup standard muffin tin).
- Place cauliflower florets in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. microwave for 7-8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. This step can also be achieved on the stove top by blanching cauliflower in hot water for 5 minutes. Be sure to drain well.
- Place steamed cauliflower in a food processor and plus for just a few seconds or until the cauliflower resembles rice. Remove from food processor, place in a clean dishcloth and squeeze to drain as much water as you can out of the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add egg, cheddar cheese, herbs, and salt & pepper. Mix with a spoon until fully combined. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin tin using a cook scoop or by hand.
- bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is no longer soft. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing firm pan. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.