The BEST ever SUPER CRISPY chicken wings cooked in the air-fryer (NO OIL!) 3 ways (Buffalo, Honey BBQ, & Garlic Parmesan) in just 30 Minutes! Air Frying has made eating healthy and fast possible without compromising flavor or texture. One of my favorite things (other than fries) to make in the air fryer is chicken wings. Air frying chicken wings make the most crispy wings with NO OIL required. The only ingredients you will need are chicken wings, baking powder, and salt & pepper. You can eat the wings as is without a sauce toss them in your favorite wing sauce. Today I will be sharing 3 quick wing sauces that you can make while the wings are cooking in the air fryer. To get started, cut and dry your wings (with a paper towel if needed) completely. Dry wings will yield a crispy texture. After the wings are dried. Toss them in baking powder along with a dash of salt and pepper. You can get creative here if you’d like and season the chicken with your favorite spice blend.
Next, place in the air fryer (preferably on a rack) and air fryer until crispy (refer to recipe box below for more details). As you can see, the wings are SUPER crispy and mouth-watering. At this point, you can simply serve the wings as is or toss them in a wing sauce. Now to the fun part, the sauces! The first is buffalo sauce, the 2nd option is a honey bbq sauce and the 3rd is a garlic parmesan coating. if making things from scratch is not your thing, simply toss the wings in a store-bought wings sauce!
How to Make Super Crispy Wings in the Air Fryer
Use Baking Powder: I learned this trick years ago and it has been my favorite way to get crispy skin-on chicken wings. This Magic Ingredient raises the PH level in the chicken wings and makes them SUPER crispy. Just be sure the baking powder you are using is aluminum-free.
Pat the chicken dry: Be sure the wings are completely dried through. This will help the baking powder stick to the skin and result in a super crispy texture
No Oil Needed: This is my absolute favorite part about air frying chicken wings. That’s right, no oil needed. The oil from the chicken wings will break down and when combined with the salt and baking powder, will form a crunchy crust that is to die for.
Air-frying Method: The wings are first air-fried on medium heat to cook the interior and then the heat is turned up to 400F+ to acrisp up the skin. The result is chicken wings that are soft and tender on the inside and super crispy on the outside.
Don’t over-lap: Spread the wings out so they don’t overlap. Giving the wings enough room will allow them to cook evenly and crispy all around. Using a large air-fryer will allow you to achieve the best results in just 1 round. This is our favorite air-fryer for large batches.
Super Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings (3 Ways!)
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Remove tips of chicken wings and split at the joint. Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with 1 tablespoon baking powder and a dash of salt and pepper. Transfer to air-fryer basket and place in the air fryer.
- Cook at 375F for 25 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking time. Increase the temperature to 420F or highest setting and bake for another 5 minutes or until the skin is crispy and brown. Remove from air fryer and immediately toss in wing sauce of choice.
To Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Cook garlic in butter then turn off the heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients along with the wings to the bowl and toss.
To Make Buffalo Wings
- Cook butter with garlic for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and pour into a large bowl. Add hot sauce and salt. Stir in wings.
To Make Honey bbq wings
- Simmer all ingredients in a small pot or pan. Transfer to a bowl and toss in wings.