Take chicken salad to a new level with the addition of avocado. This naturally creamy chicken and avocado salad is healthy and contains no mayo or sour cream.
Ever since I tried avocado in a grilled chicken sandwich, I can no longer have chicken without avocado. The creamy avocado compliments chicken so well and the addition of cilantro and lime make it a combo to die for. This creamy salad is great in sandwiches, wraps, or with a side of vegetables if you are on a diet.
I’ve added this salad to my healthy lunch rotation because the rotisserie chicken breasts are lean and a great source of protein, the avocado is packed full of nutrition and because no mayo or cream is added, you can enjoy the salad guilt-free.
Making this fresh and flavorful salad is as simple as combining avocado, shredded chicken, roasted corn and red onion. You can also add minced green onion, tomatoes, cucumber, or diced bacon. For the herbs, we used cilantro but dill or parsley also work very well too!
Watch how to make the salad here:
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (we used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup corn, roasted, canned, or frozen
- 1/4 cup red or green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced (or parsley or dill)
- 2 tablespoons lime, or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, avocado, onion, avocados, corn, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with the lime (or lemon) juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently until all the Ingredients are combined.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.