Smoky mouthwatering sweet and zesty avocado mango burgers topped with a creamy cheese sauce
I’m a winter person but the number one thing I miss about the summer is the barbeques and more importantly, the burgers! There’s nothing better than that smokey taste of a burger right off the grill.
With temperatures below zero here on the east coast I really needed something refreshing or I seriously would have become depressed. There’s like a dark “cloud” over Philadelphia the past few days and it’s just very depressing.
So I thought it was time to pull out my lovely stove-top grill in order to replicate the delicious taste of an outdoor grill. This burger is very basic and easy to make and will lift you up for sure in this weather!
I love mango’s because they are so tropical and vibrant! I knew I couldn’t just use mango because that would be too sweet so I added some avocado because it has a nice deep flavor that pairs quite well with mango!
I used ground beef and cilantro for the burger and topped it with a mixture of mango, avocado, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. I then topped the burger with a delicious creamy cheese sauce. Isn’t that beautiful? Lord help me!! now I’m craving another one..
- 1 lb ground beef or ground chicken, or ground turkey
- 2 tsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Burger Buns
- Avocado Mango Mixture
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/8 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese or Mexican mixture, or Italian mixture
- 1/4 cup milk or half/half or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika optional
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- In a medium mixing bowl mix the ground beef, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Form 2 round patties, place on a hot grill, griddle, or pan. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from heat.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the avocado, mango, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salt, pepper, olive oil. Set Aside.
- In a small sauce pan combine the cheese, milk, salt, pepper, paprika and cornstarch. Bring to a boil while whisking.don't worry if there are any clumps they will smooth out as you whisk. Whisk for 1-2 minutes. remove from heat.
- Place the burger on the buns, pour 1/2 the avocado mixture on each burger, pour half the cheese sauce on each burger.
- Serve warm while cheese is runny.
Helen @ Scrummy Lane says
Looks and sounds lovely! We put fruit chutneys and sauces on burgers so why not mango?
Krystle(Baking Beauty) says
Oh man I want to put that sauce one everything.
PS So jealous of wherever you live that you can grill outside in January
Natalie @ Tastes Lovely says
This seriously sounds amazing Layla! I bet these warm, tropical flavors brightened your night up. We’re so spoiled here in California. Sunny and 65 degrees. If I was in below 0 degree weather I would turn into an icicle! Sending warm thoughts your way friend : )
you are so lucky to be in that kind of weather Natalie! stop making us east coaster’s jealous! I wonder how would people in Cali react to this kind of weather lol!! 😀
It’s been really gloomy and cold around us lately too – I have been dreaming of tropical weather and sunshine these days hehe. These burgers look mouthwatering Layla! I love mango and topping these juicy burgers off along with avocados and cheese sauce sounds amazing!
Thank you Kelly! and I thought it was just us with the bad weather!
ohh yummm . these cute burgers are tempting me so bad.
stopped by from Inspire me monday
Shea @ Dixie Chik Cooks says
Shut your mouth. What a delicious combination!
haha thank you, your too funny!
These look incredible. I love mango, and I’ve only recently discovered that I like avocado, so I’ll have to give it a go!
Thank you so much Rachel! I love avocados! they are so creamy 😀
I love how this burgers bring a tropical flair to the mix! Definitely needed since we are all overcast skies here as well!
Yes we do Joanne! we had a week of deep freeze here and now the temperatures are staring to warm up a bit.
Kumar's Kitchen says
we just loved the combination of scrumptious flavors in this fresh tasting burger….so good and absolutely irresistible,thanks for sharing 🙂
Thank you Kumar! Glad you liked it 😀