Tomato, avocado, red onion and cilantro lightly coated with fresh lime juice and olive oil. This quick an easy salad makes the perfect healthy side dish.
This flavorful tomato and avocado salad is simple, colorful and healthy too! I love avocados and tomatoes, and the two complement each other very well. Red onion ties the salad together and adds a needed crunch. Cucumbers can be added as well if desired.
Dress it with cilantro, fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. I promise you will feel great after eating this wholesome salad.
Easy Tomato Avocado Salad
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, about 1/2 inch (any type of tomatoes you like)
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro, or parsley
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Additional optional add ins:
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup feta or cubed mozzarella
- In a large salad bowl, place the tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice, pepper flakes and salt & pepper to taste. Gently toss.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap in fridge for up to 2 hours.