Healthy, spicy, and delicious. These Beef lettuce wraps are easy to prepare and even better to eat. Plus, they are low-carb and paleo!If you haven’t tried lettuce wraps yet, then it’s about time you jump on board. I love lettuce wraps because they are healthy, low-fat, low-carb, and skinny. I’ve been stuffing my face with these non-stop, guilt free because they are low-carb.
I topped off these delicious beef lettuce wraps with a spicy yogurt cilantro lime jalapeno sauce. It’s creamy, zesty and spicy and takes these lettuce wraps to the next level. I started off with just a drizzle but it was so good so I poured a whole bunch is my wrap and ate away.
I used beef but this can be easily done with chicken or turkey mince.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion minced
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons taco or fajita seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 head green romaine or butter lettuce
- Avocado tomatoes, cheese, or sour-cream for topping (optional)
- Spicy Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons plain yogurt greek yogurt or sour-cream can also be used
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro with steams
- 1 jalapeno diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Heat A large skillet to high heat. Add the oil and onions; cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions are soft and golden. Add garlic and saute for about 10 seconds then add the ground beef and spices. Brown beef for about 2-3 minutes or until the liquid absorbs. Add the water and cook for 2 minutes or until the water begins to evaporate then turn off heat.
- Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings. Drizzle with cilantro, jalapeno sauce.
To make cilantro jalapeno sauce: Place 2 teaspoons of the greek yogurt in a blender. Set aside the remaining yogurt in a small bowl. Add cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice to blender. Blend for 1 minutes. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the remaining yogurt and mix with spoon.</span>