Fresh Zucchini stuffed with a hearty meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked to perfection making this a delicious low-carb and gluten-free dinner!
These zucchini boats are for my low-carb lovers and just about anyone else! We all have those nights when we crave a large slice of pizza or lasagna but can’t bear the thought of all the carbs at night. With these zucchini boats, you get all the deliciousness without the carbs because the zucchini crust is used as the base.
The zucchini boats are then stuffed with ground beef sauce and topped with cheese and baked until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is cooked through. They store very well in the fridge or freezer and make a great take to work lunch too.
I used cheddar cheese because that was all I had on hand, but Mozzarella or Monterey Jack work as well. Top with diced tomatoes, avocado, and/or cilantro. If you’re a foodie, go ahead and add a drizzle of lime too!
Watch Video Below!
Beef Stuffed Zucchini BoatsPrint Rate
- 6-8 medium zucchini or 12 small
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice zucchini in half, and carve them out with a spoon. Chop the zucchini 'meat' and set it aside. Line zucchini boats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with oil.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to golden. Ad the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add meat and cook until it's no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, zucchini pulp, italian seasoning and salt + pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and top each with a drizzle of cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheesy is fully melted and bubbly.