Crispy on the outside, cheesy on the inside. These cauliflower cheddar fritters are packed full of vitamins and are delicious.
Ever since I began making cauliflower tots and cauliflower pizza my family has been in love with cauliflower. I’ve added it to our dinner routine in so many different ways but we just can’t seem to get enough!
I don’t mind the obsession at all, considering cauliflower is a super healthy vegetable and contains antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It’s also high in fiber so it helps with satiety and weight loss. Hurry to healthy yummy food! So who’s complaining, right?! ????
To begin, boil the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes then process it in the food processor. This step can also be done by hand, to do this mince the cauliflower finely with a knife.
Next, combine the cauliflower with shredded cheddar, parmesan, eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Shape into patties and pan fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with a side of sour cream, ketchup, chipotle sauce, avocado sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce! They work well for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 head cauliflower or a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs panko or italian, I used panko
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning optional
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper more of less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- olive or canola oil
- Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, then process the cauliflower in the food processor until it become the texture of rice. This can also be done using a knife.
- Combine the minced cauliflower, cheeses, eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Heat skillet to medium/high heat. Coat with oil (about 1/2 inch) Form cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Cook until golden brown & set, about 3-4 minutes per side. Enjoy with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce!