Remember a few days ago ( and by a few I mean yesterday..) I shared with you my fresh homemade strawberry syrup (aka sauce) and said I would be sharing a few recipes that all for strawberry syrup with you over the next few weeks. It goes great on waffles, pancakes, ice-cream, milkshakes, and cakes.
One of my favorite uses for strawberry syrup is to use it as a topping on cheesecake. It’s a classic for a good reason!
Now don’t let this pretty dish intimidate you, I promise it’s super easy to make and will be so worth it in the end! You can make these bars without or without the strawberry topping but I highly recommend trying the topping.
- For the Crust:
- ½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 9 bars
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- ½ cup white sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 bars
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- Strawberry Syrup
- For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8" x 8" or 9'' x 9'' square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
- Crumble graham crackers in food processor until fine and crumbly. Stir together the crumbs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter.Press into the bottom of an 8" x 8" square pan.Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until set a little golden. Remove the crust from the oven and cool for a few minutes until slightly cool.
- For the filling:
- Beat together the white sugar, and cream cheese by hand, in food processor or with electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth; Stir in the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well then spread filling mixture over baked crust.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350°F; let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting. For easier cutting use floss.
The recipe says to beat the cream cheese and sugar for 22 minutes. Is that correct? Sounds like an awful lot of time to be beating the ingredients.
Hi Biya, sorry about that it’s 2 minutes! I will update the recipe now.
Momma Baker says
Wow,that cheesecake looks amazing! l also love how you used fresh strawberries in the syrup. Pinned!
Thanks so much!