If you thought french toast was good, think again! French toast just got a whole lot better!
Remember a few days ago when I shared my fluffy homemade cinnamon bread recipe? Well, my family loved it so much that I actually went ahead and made another batch a few days later, then stored the leftover slices in the freezer.
Yesterday morning I decided to do something delicious with them so I went ahead and made cinnamon swirl french toast! It was AMAZING!! Imagine cutting into the french toast to find layers of cinnamon and butter imbedded right in there. You know what they say, a picture is worth a million words!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 4 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- butter for pan
- maple syrup
- Mix the milk, eggs and vanilla in a wide dish.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat on both sides.
- Melt some butter in a pan and fry the slices of bread until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve warm, top with cream, fruit or desired toppings of choice. Enjoy!