Creamy Tuscan Shrimp is a low carb dinner the entire family will devour. Juicy shrimp, creamy sauce, plump tomatoes, and seasoned beautifully. You can quickly make this Tuscan garlic shrimp with just 10 ingredients and in under15 minutes!
Cooking shrimp is super easy, and it makes for a fantastic dinner and lunch option for all occasions. It doesn’t matter if you just are looking for a quick idea to feed the family or if you are hosting an event. Shrimp is always a favorite, and it’s next to impossible to mess up!
If you haven’t cooked with shrimp a lot or at all, don’t worry! It’s so much easier than you could ever imagine. This creamy Tuscan shrimp is a great meal for a beginner too, so don’t be afraid to dive in there and get busy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP
- Olive oil: While you can use other oils if you’d rather, I prefer cooking shrimp in olive oil. It tastes great and cooks perfectly.
- Butter: Using butter not only adds healthy fat to the Tuscan shrimp, but it also enhances the flavor too. Yum!
- Shrimp: You will need to make sure the shrimp has been peeled, deveined, and the tails have been removed. It’s much easier to eat without the tails in this dish.
- Salt & pepper: Just add as much salt and pepper as you like.
- Cloves garlic: When it comes to Italian cooking, you can’t go wrong with adding lots of yummy garlic!
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry, grape, or even sundried tomatoes with this Tuscan butter shrimp. They all offer a delicious sweetness that makes it taste even better.
- Baby spinach: I love the look and pop of color of using baby spinach, not to mention all the nutrients you from it too.
- Heavy cream: The Tuscan shrimp gets all its creaminess from the heavy cream! Once you try it, you’ll see it’s an incredible dish you can’t help but fall in love with.
- Freshly grated Parmesan: You could use packaged Parmesan, but it tastes so much better when you freshly grate it instead.
- Basil: Either basil or parsley make a delightful garnish and vibrant flavor to the shrimp dinner.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP
I can’t wait for you to try this keto Tuscan shrimp! Start by heating the oil with the butter in a skillet. After the oil and butter mixture is really hot, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook each side for 1 minute.
Put the garlic, tomatoes, and spinach in the skillet and saute for 1 minute.
Pour in the heavy cream, parmesan, and basil then reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Serve warm and enjoy!
CAN I USE FROZEN SHRIMP?
Yes, you can easily swap fresh shrimp for frozen shrimp. You will just need to thaw it in cool water. Typically, it will be defrosted in around 15 minutes. It’s important that you never try to thaw the shrimp with warm or hot water. It should always be cool or cold water.
HOW DO YOU STORE CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP
Allow the Tuscan shrimp to cool down all the way, then place it in an airtight container. It should be kept in the refrigerator until ready to warm up. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Never freeze the shrimp recipe, or the sauce will separate and it won’t look or taste too good.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT TUSCAN SHRIMP?
Reheat the creamy shrimp in a skillet with medium heat. It just takes a few minutes to warm up. Keep a close watch on it and don’t heat it too long or the shrimp will become tough.
You can also warm the shrimp up in the microwave if you don’t have access to a stove. Just warm it for a minute or so and check it. You’ll need to check it often because it can become rubbery if cooked too long.
Creamy Tuscan Shrimp (Keto friendly)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined, and tails removed
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes (or sundried tomatoes)
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced (or parsley)
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is super hot and the butter has melted, add the shrimp and a generous sprinkle of salt & pepper, sautee for 1 minute.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside then add the garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to the same pan. Saute for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and basil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced about 2-3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt if needed.