If you’ve ever had the cheesecake factory’s avocado egg rolls, then you’re going to love these egg rolls. Loaded with fresh guacamole, fried to crispy perfection and taste 1000x better for a fraction of the price!
These avocado egg rolls are super quick and easy to make and are ready in under 20 minutes. The filling is just like guacamole except chunkier. I made 12 rolls yesterday and my daughters finished them as soon as they hit the table! That’s how delicious they were. We will definitely be making these again and again.
The secret ingredient to make these egg rolls so delicious is the avocado of course! I used Hass avocados because they are always super fresh and perfectly green
I’m seriously obsessed with avocados this year. I love them because they are super healthy and loaded naturally good monounsaturated fat (the good kind!). Avocados can be used in place of saturated fats in desserts such as brownies, cakes, pies, creams, and even smoothies! You can literally add them to just about any dish to give it a fresh kick or eat them alone.
Did you know how much goodness is in just one avocado?! One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 oz.) contains only 50 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar. Hass avocados are a “nutrient booster” because they help the body better absorb fat-soluble nutrients like alpha- and beta-carotene and lutein, from foods that are eaten with the fruit! They are also cholesterol and sodium-free, which is a huge plus for me. I can only imagine how much healthier we would be if we ate just one avocado a day in place of carbs and saturated fats!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE AVOCADO (GUACAMOLE) EGG ROLLS
Guacamole mixture: The filling is made of chunky guacamole that is made with ripe avocados, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and lime.
Egg roll wrappers: The filling is enclosed in egg roll wrappers. Wonton wrappers will also work!
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO EGG ROLLS
Making these egg rolls is super easy! The only skill you may need to master is wrapping the egg rolls but other than that, it’s simply made in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Mash a chunky guacamole
Step 2: Wrap the guacamole in egg or spring roll wrappers
Step 3: fry until golden and crispy!
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or try out delicious cilantro dipping sauce.
How to Make Cilantro Dipping Sauce
The cilantro dipping sauce is great for dipping fried foods, on tacos, salads and much more. This is one of our all-time favorite dipping sauces and will become a favorite of yours too!
It’s super easy to make and is simply made by combining sour cream, mayo, cilantro, garlic, and a squeeze of lime in the blender until green and creamy.
Easy Avocado Egg Rolls
- 3 avocados halved, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
For the cilantro dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves loosely packed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno seeded and deveined
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make the cilantro dipping sauce, combine cilantro, sour cream, jalapeno, mayonnaise, garlic and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, gently mash avocados using a fork. Gently toss in the diced onions, tomatoes cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, place avocado mixture in the center of each wrapper. Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the wrapper is reached. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrapper with water, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers until your done.
- Working in batches, gently place the egg rolls in the oil and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.Enjoy!
I have celiac, which means that I’m allergic to the egg roll wraps. So I used egg white wraps. Loved it!!!!
I might try the air fryer tip above next time to reduce my oil intake.
Is there a way to air fry these
Yes, Spray with cooking spray and air fry at 400F for 8-10 minutes or until crispy!
Melissa Marie Wunstell says
Can these be made ahead of time?
I want to make these as an appetizer. What wills be a good vegetarian main to serve with this
Lisa R says
It was as close as you’re going to get to the real deal. I took a short cut and dipped my egg rolls in Sweet Chili Sauce and it was just as good!
Susan valenzano says
These GuGuacamole WhWe’re the best thing I ever had
Ashika Devi-Bowman says
Fun fact avacado is a fruit not a vegetable.