Learn how to make the BEST moist and fluffy carrot cupcakes from scratch in under 30 minutes. This one-bowl recipe couldn’t get easier. Top with cream cheese frosting and enjoy these delicious carrot cupcakes any time of the year!
Today I’m going to share my secret super quick and easy carrot cupcake recipe. I’ve been making these cupcakes for years and they have never failed once!
While shopping at the supermarket yesterday, I found carrots on sale for .40 cents a pack. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I actually had to ask a worker if the price was correct and it was so I grabbed 8 bags… I couldn’t resist! I got home and sat there wondering what can I make with all these carrots. The first thing that came to mind is my all-time favorite dessert, Carrot cupcakes!
So I baked a batch of these super quick and easy carrot cupcakes, then top them off with my favorite cream cheese frosting, and could not stop eating them. Like seriously, they were so good!
What you Will Need To Make Carrot Cupcakes
- grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon or apple spice
- baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt
These are the easiest cupcakes you’ll ever bake. You don’t even have to whisk them! The only step that might slow you down is grating the carrots but I decided to grate them in the food processor. I have the grating attachment, if you don’t have it you can use the normal setting and dice them really tiny.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon then transfer into a muffin tin.
Want to spice them up? toss in some chopped walnuts, raisins, mashed bananas, or anything your heart wishes!
Bake for 13 minutes, cool, frost, and you’re done! Moist and delicious carrot cupcakes in no time!
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
I top them with my favorite cream cheese frosting. It’s light and fluffy and pairs like a dream with these cupcakes. Be sure to cool the cupcakes all the way before attempting to frost them.
To make the cream cheese frosting you will need:
- cream cheese
- heavy cream (optional)
To make the Cream Cheese Frosting
It’s essential the ingredients are all at room temperature or the frosting will form into lumps. Simply beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy then beat in the sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
The heavy cream is completely optional and only used to a fluffy texture to the frosting so feel free to leave it out if you’d like.
How to Store
The cupcakes are good for up to 12 hours at room temperature and in the fridge for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. To serve, bring to room temperature (preferably at least an hour) to moisten the cupcakes.
More Delicious Desserts Carrot Desserts
Easy Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2/3 cup oil of choice use coconut oil for healthier cupcakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with cupcake liners and set aside. In a large bowl beat the eggs for a few seconds. Gently stir in the grated carrots and oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine, about 10 stirs ( be careful not to over mix!).
- Fill cupcake tins about 2/3 full. Bake for no more than 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before frosting.
To make the Frosting:
- In a blender or by hand, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until fluffy combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Once the cupcakes have cooled frosting with cream cheese frosting using a piping bag, zip-lock bag or spread with a spoon.