By the end of the day, I’m usually exhausted. So when I get up to make dinner, I look around my kitchen and try to come up with a dish that won’t take me forever to make, or use a whole bunch of dishes. You know the feeling, you’re finally done cooking and cleaning, and surprise! now comes the best part, a kitchen full of dishes ????
I almost always end up opting for a one pot/pan meal. One pot meals are always super flavorful, take little time to make, and the best part is the simple clean up.
This one pan chicken fajita is no exception. The chicken and veggies are all in one pan. This can be served with a side of rice or in a tortilla. We had the chicken as wraps in tortillas and the kept the leftovers for lunch the next day. SO delicious and simple!
- 3-4 medium chicken breast
- 1 30 g pack Fajita Seasoning mix you can also use my homemade fajita seasoning recipe below*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green and red bell peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- Pre-heat a heavy-duty pan to medium high heat.
- While the pan is Heating, Coat the chicken breasts with the fajita seasoning.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan.
- Place seasoned chicken in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side then flip.
- After flipping the chicken once, toss in the bell peppers and onion. cook on the other side for 3-5 minutes or until the onions and bell peppers are soft.
- Allow the chicken and veggies to rest in the pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with a side of rice or tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro.