The easiest honey garlic sesame baked chicken is made with just 5 ingredients makes a perfect weeknight meal. Don’t you just love it when you finally learn how to make one of your favorite take-out dishes at home?! This is totally happening here. I’ve been trying to replicate all of our favorite takeout dishes while making them healthier. The trick is simplifying the recipes so you don’t spend all day in the kitchen.
This easy baked honey garlic chicken is just that. It’s really easy to prepare and makes a great dinner. The chicken is baked in a honey, garlic, soy and vinegar sauce that is out of this world. The honey and soy sauce caramelize the chicken so you end up with a slightly sticky texture.
I used chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks) but breasts would also work with this, although you would have to adjust the baking time. The chicken can be marinated in the fridge over-night then popped in the oven when needed. Just remember, the longer you marinate the chicken, the tastier and more flavorful the dish will be!
Easy Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken leg quarters with skin (about 4 legs quarters)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat oven to 400F degrees F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil (optional); set aside.
- Layer the chicken legs on the baking dish. In a small bowl combine the garlic, honey, soy, and vinegar. Whisk until fully combined. Pour mixture onto chicken legs, coating evenly.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until skin is crisp and caramelized and chicken is cooked through.
- For dark crispy skin: Place chicken under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until desired crispness.