It’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post. We are currently in the process of moving from Philadelphia to DC for my husband’s Med school. He finally got into Georgetown, so exciting!
With all the packing and looking for apartments I’ve hardly have the time to make a decent meal but this easy baked chicken fajita dish is beyond simple. It’s a one pan dish and basically a mix it and toss in the oven type of dish. Plus, the results are amazing!
For years I’ve been making fajitas at home and every time I’ve always aimed for that smokey grilled flavor that authentic fajitas must have. I didn’t expect the authentic flavor with the baked version but boy was I surprised. Turns out roasting the chicken and vegetables in the oven gives them that slightly charred edge and smokey authentic fajita favor.
For the spice mix you can use a store-bought packet or try my homemade version which is so much better!
Easy Oven Baked Skinny Chicken FajitasPrint Rate
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 medium green/red/yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced (optional)
- 1 jalapeno sliced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium lime
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream optional
- ¼ bunch cilantro for garnish optional
- Fajita Spice Mix
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine all the ingredients for the spice mix and set aside.
- In a large 9x13 inch casserole dish Combine the chicken, vegetables, spice mix, and oil. Be sure to toss all the ingrdients together with your hands or fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice half way through. After 30 minutes turn on the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until the edges of the vegetables become lightly charred.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the juice of one lime over the chicken. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve on tortillas or rice. Enjoy! 🙂