Fresh sliced avocado, coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. These avocado fries are incredibly tasty and easy to make and are sure to impress the pickiest eaters.
There’s one thing I never get tired of making and that’s baked veggies. Especially when they replace unhealthy alternatives and taste just as yummy, even not 100x better. Broccoli tots, cauliflower tots, cauliflower pizza crust, are just a few of my favorite healthy dishes to make.
These avocado fries are something else. If you’ve never had them before, this is the perfect time to try them out. They are crispy on the outside and buttery soft on the inside. Dip them in your favorite tangy or spicy dipping sauce and call it a meal!
Crispy Baked Avocado Fries & Chipotle Dipping SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 2 large avocados sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lime optional
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Chipotle dipping sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees F. Pour 1 tablespoon oil in sheet tray or baking dish; set aside.
Squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices to preserve their color while baking (this step is optional). Season with salt, pepper. Dredge in flour then dip in egg and coat in panko breadcrumbs. Be sure the avocado slices are coated very well in the panko.
- Place in a single layer on the greased sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining oil or spray with cooking spray. This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.
- bake for 15 minutes or until the avocados are golden and crispy. If desired, more oil can be drizzle while they are baking for additional crispness.
- Serve with my chipotle dipping sauce (get the recipe here) or with ranch, ketchup, or your favorite dip!