Moist, fluffy, and full of flavor. Enjoy as many as you want because these banana oatmeal muffins are healthy and irresistible. If there’s one thing out there that I enjoy more than anything else, its healthy muffins. I’ve been making this healthy banana oatmeal muffins for years and my daughters love them. They have no idea they are “healthy”, so serve them during snack time.
They are made with NO sugar and NO butter! What makes these muffins naturally sweet is the addition of honey and the natural sweetness of the ripe bananas. Plus, they are made with 100% whole wheat flour and can be easily made gluten-free.
Extra ripe bananas is the key to moist banana muffins!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin with butter or cooking spray or line with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, olive oil, milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Do not over-mix. You can add chocolate chip cookies or nuts at this point, if desired.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with rolled oats and cinnamon if desired.
Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.