Healthy chocolate fudge cups loaded with healthy fats can be made with your favorite nut butter for a delicious and nutritious snack with under 6 ingredients. Plus, they’re Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Dairy-Free.
Not only are these treats packed with healthy fats from cacao butter but they’re also packed with nutritious fats and make the perfect grab and go snack!
Instead of just having straight up fudge, I decided to add in a little almond butter for a nutty center. You can get creative and any type of nut butter or your favorite cookie filling.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CUPS
These fudge cups are loaded with a few super-foods that are all unprocessed and in their raw form. To make these fudge cups you will need:
- Cacao butter: is the pure cold-pressed oil of the cacao bean and is more nutrient-dense as opposed to processed cocoa butter.
- Cacao powder: Just like the cacao butter, cacao powder is a healthier form of cocoa powder as it is also cold-pressed and not roasted at high temperatures. Whereas cocoa powder is roasted at high temps and loses some of its antioxidants and nutrition.
- Coconut Butter: is similar to coconut oil but is made by blending the meat and oil of coconuts and it results in a buttery spread that is perfect for baking.
- Coconut Sugar: is a natural sugar made from coconut palm sap. Feel free to replace it with another sweetener of choice if desired.
- Coconut Oil: is made by cold pressing oil from the coconut. Look for virgin coconut oil.
HOW TO MAKE DETOX FUDGE CUPS
These fudge cups do not bake but instead, the mixture is simmering on the stove-top and then place into silicone muffin cups to set.
HOW TO STORE THE FUDGE CUPS?
To store them, simply wrap each muffin cup with plastic wrap, or place in a zip-seal bag (these re-usable zipper bags are perfect!).
Alternatively, place in an air-tight container and store at room temp for up to a week or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Healthy Chocolate Fudge Cups
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt together stirring frequently. Once smooth remove from the heat.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and divide half of the fudge between all 6 cups.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of almond butter or other filling in the middle then top with the remaining fudge. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.