I’ve shared a few “buffalo” recipes in the past but this is by far my favorite. These buffalo chicken wings are hot and spicy and are perfect for dinner, a get-together, or simply when you are in the mood for something spicy.
They are baked NOT fried. Yes, I did say not fried! These wings are first simmered in a hot and spicy mixture then baked to perfection. Buffalo wings are actually one of the very few things that actually taste better baked!
To make the wings a little less spicy cut the hot sauce in half and substitute the other half with marinara sauce.
Hot and Spicy Baked Buffalo Chicken WingsPrint Rate
- 2 pounds chicken wings cut
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray for the baking sheet
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil. In deep pan or skillet; add chicken broth, hot sauce, paprika, and butter, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the chicken for about 15 minutes. Transfer the wings to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Reserve the sauce in the pan.
- Bake the wings in the upper rack, turn once after 15 minutes then allow to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Meanwhile, simmer the reserved sauce over medium-low heat until slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes. Return the wings to the skillet and toss with the remaining sauce. Serve the wings with the blue cheese dip and celery.