Tender Brussels sprouts cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce and topped with crispy bacon making this a perfect Thanksgiving side dish or a complete low carb keto meal!
These brussels sprouts swimming in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce and topped with bacon will convert every brussels sprouts hater and will make you keep you coming back for more! They’re perfect if you’re on a keto diet and the addition of bacon truly makes this a complete dish. It also makes a flavor-packed thanksgiving side dish and will be sure to impress the entire family.
I’ve simplified the recipe to make these creamy brussels sprouts as EASY as possible in the shortest amount of time with the maximum amount of FLAVOR. It’s all made in one dish in under 30 minutes from start to finish. The bacon and brussels sprouts are all cooked in one pan from start to finish for easy cleanup.
To make keto brussels sprouts and bacon you will need
- Brussels sprouts
- Bacon cut into tiny pieces (can replace with bacon crumbles)
- your favorite melting CHEESE (a mixture of mozzarella and parmesan is the best)
- Heavy cream
- lots of GARLIC
It all starts with caramelizing the bacon bits until they are crispy (if you have bacon crumbles on hand you can go ahead and skip this step and go straight to cooking the brussels sprouts in butter and topping the dish with the bacon crumbles later). Next, the bacon is removed from the pan and you’re left with bacon fat that will contribute even more flavor to the dish. Butter, brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, and seasoning are adding to the bacon fat and cooked until tender then topped with the heavy cream and cheese.
The bacon is then returned to the dish as a topping and at this point, you are almost done and all that’s needed is to put the dish in the oven to cook the Brussels sprouts until tender, melt the cheese and form a crispy crust that is out of this world!
Creamy Brussels Sprouts (keto)
- Pre-heat oven to 400Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook 3-4 minutes or until crispy (skip this step if using pre-cooked bacon crumbles).
- Remove the bacon from the pan and to the same pan, add 1 tablespoon butter, brussels sprouts, and onion. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning; Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream, stir until simmering. Taste the flavor and adjust salt and pepper as need. Drizzle with cheese and bacon. transfer to the oven and bake 15 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are tender.