Layers of blueberry, mango, and banana smoothies are made with all natural ingredients and sweetened with honey and a touch of lemon.
So I’ve been on a smoothie making spree this week and I’m going to admit, there’s plenty more where that came from! Expect to see a few more smoothie recipes in the up coming weeks and months.
The thing is that smoothies are so easy to make, taste amazing, and they are good for you. They also keep you full for a while so that’s a plus. Ever since I began making smoothies I’ve lost so much weight. Every time I crave sweets or dessert I just get up a blend a smoothie from whatever I have in the fridge.
These layered blueberry smoothies are made of two layers. The first layer is a mango banana and the 2nd layer is blueberry banana. I used yogurt, lemon and honey in both layers to make the smoothie creamy and to give it a nice fresh kick from the lemon.
Now let’s start talking about the real question here. How do these two layers stay separate?! when I first decided to make a layered smoothie I was like whoaaa how?? But turns out, when you pour a smoothie on-top of another they usually don’t mix, if it’s thick enough that is. You can even swirl it around like I did in the images below, to make it look even better.
Layered Blueberry Mango Smoothie
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Begin by making the mango layer. Place the mango, 1/2 blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Pour the mango smoothie into two cups, half full. Set aside.
- To make the blueberry layer: Rinse the blender and place the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes or until creamy. Divide evenly on top of the mango smoothies.
- To make the swirl, set aside 2 teaspoons of the mango smoothie and place on top of the blueberry smoothie then swirl with a fork.