I want to tell you how much I;m in love with cauliflower right now but I’m sure you already know. If you’re following me on Instagram then you’ve seen my feed filled with caulfower recipes. It all started with cauliflower rice a few weeks ago in attempt to lose weight then once I began seeing the results I went for it. So far it’s been 3 weeks without rice in my life and I’ve lost 6 pounds! Now that might not seem like much but it is because it’s been so hard for me to lose weight after giving birth.
Instead of filling up with carbs now I’m eating mostly protiens, fiber from the caulfilower and veggies. Once your doing eating this bowl your gong to feel full for hours without the carbs!
I used chicken thighs for the meat, you can also use chicken drumsticks or chicken breasts. If you’re using breasts be sure to cook them 3 minutes less because they cook very fast. I pan roasted the chicken with some olive oil and it was amazing but if you have a grill or want to make this dish even more healthier, feel free to grill the chicken which is also great!
The white sauce recipe can be prepared in big batch and stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It can also be used on gyros, falafel, salads and a ton of other Middle Eastern recipes.
Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice and White Gyro Sauce (Under 30 minutes, Low-carb, Paleo)Print Rate
- For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken medium chicken thighs drumsticks or breasts will do
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice Link
- For the White Sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Chicken: Heat a medium heavy duty pan on high heat. While the pan is heating, season the chicken with the seasoning, be sure to coat it evenly. Add olive oil to pan then add chicken to hot pan. You should hear a sizzle, this tells you the temperature is right.
- Cover the pan and allow the chicken to cook for 3 minutes on each side on high heat or until very dark brown. Once the chicken is brown lower the heat setting to medium/low and allow chicken to cook covered for another 3-5 minutes on each side. Turn off heat and allow chicken to rest in pan, covered, it will continue to cook while it's resting.
After 5-10 minutes remove the chicken from pan and cut into big bite sized chunks.
- To assemble: In individual bowl, place 1 cup of cauliflower rice on the side of the bowl, place about 1/2 cup of meat mixture on the other side, pour white sauce on warm chicken. Serve warm with veggies salad or veggies of choice on the side.
For the sauce: While the chicken is cooking prepare the white sauce. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt.
This looks deliciouS, but There ISN’T a link fOr the caulifl rice.
Sorry about that. I’ve added the link!
Made the chicken, sauce, and cauliflower rice. So delicious. Would you please provide nutritional info? Thanks.
The greek gyro sauce is name tzatziki and what you made is not related other than the yogurt.
Don’t slap inccorect names to what you make.
getting ready to make this, looks so good! Is it really 12 teaspoons of garlic powder? Thanks!
It is NOT 12 teaspoons, it’s 1/2 a teaspoon!! Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Yum! This meal looks delicious! Love the sound of that cauliflower cilantro lime rice!
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps says
I’m kind of obsessed with cauliflower at the moment as well! Loving everything about this dish, especially that greek-style white sauce. Yum,