For all you ladies and gentlemen out there that are too busy to shop I have the solution for you. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone would make a meal plan for you, go shopping and get the exact ingredients you need to make the recipes and deliver them to your door. You knew it was coming.. A few weeks ago my friends told me about this company called Relish; they have a weekly menu that you choose from and they deliver the groceries to your home.
I loved the idea so much that I decided to give it a try and the folks at RelishedFood were kind enough to send me a weeks worth of meals to review. The package arrived on time; all the meals were packaged in separate bags and every ingredient needed for a recipe was included in the bag. I loved the fact that was super fresh and the meat was really high quality! I was intrigued by the fact that all of Relished ingredients were locally sourced in Chicago and only ship in and around the city.
For the review I was sent three meals to try out, including a Herb Roasted Chicken With Sautéed Spinach and Scallion Quinoa, the Red Beet Salad With Goat Cheese, Baby Arugula, and the Pan Seared Salmon with Roasted Corn Salsa Served over Black Lentils which I made today. Everything for this recipe came in pre-packed portions like pictured above and a very helpful card with pictures and instructions on it. The best part about this is that you don’t have to buy a whole bunch of cilantro or a pack of garlic just to make a single recipe and not end up using them till they go bad. My husband and I loved the food and whole process and will be ordering form them more often!
You log onto the Relished Foods site, choose the serving size you want and the ingredients will be delivered to your front door every Wednesday along with recipe cards that have picture-based instructions as well as plating and pairing suggestions so you can easily make the meals and plate them as well. If you want to skip a week you simply send the Relished team an e-mail and they can put a hold on your order. Also the portions are priced at a reasonable $9.99 per serving.At only $9.95 per serving, you can order up to 5 new meals per week. Also, if you use the coupon code ‘BrunchTimeBaker‘ you will receive 60% off your first order, that’s like $3.99 per serving!
The awesome folks at Relished are also giving away weeks worth of free meals of Relished Meals (three, two-serving meals ) to one lucky brunchtimebaker reader! Since Relished is a Chicago Based company and delivers fresh ingredients, the winner needs to live in their delivery area, Please check if they deliver to your area here before entering. You can check here. If they do not deliver to your area you can still enter and send the box as a present to someone you know within their delivery area. As of right now they deliver to over half the country!
To Enter: Leave a comment on this post answering the question: “What is your favorite weeknight meal?”
Extra Entries: The following four opportunities below will earn one extra entry into the giveaway for each. You must leave separate comments for each one to ensure that they are counted as separate entries:
- Subscribe to Brunch Time Baker by Email. Come back and let me know you have subscribed in an additional comment.
- Follow Brunch Time Baker and on Pinterest and Relished Foods and Pin this giveaway or recipe!
- Follow Brunch Time Baker on Twitter and Relished Foods and tweet “I just entered the @RelishedFoods #Giveaway for A #FREE weeks worth of meals @Brunchtimebaker http://goo.gl/B4tJCW” . Come back and let me know you’ve Tweeted in an additional comment.
- Become a fan of Brunch Time Baker on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment.
Please Remember: Leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries or only one entry will be counted.
Deadline: Monday, March 27 11:59 p.m The Winner is Pamela Gurganus Pamela was not able to collect the prize so a new a new winner was chosen. Congrats to Chris!
Winner: The winner will be selected at random and will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to confirm receipt of the email. If the winner does not reply within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. The giveaway is only open to U.S. Only.
Pan Seared Salmon with Roasted Corn Salsa Served over Black LentilsPrint Rate
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 cup uncooked Black Lentils
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 gloves Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Place the lentils into a strainer and rinse. Transfer the rinsed lentils to a saucepan and pour in 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a rapid simmer over medium-high heat, reducing the heat to maintain a very gentle simmer. Cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Add water as needed to make sure the lentils are barely covered. Lentils are cooked as soon as they are tender and no longer crunchy. Strain and stir in salt to taste. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Chop the shallot, garlic cloves, red pepper, and jalapeño to a small dice. Rough chop the cilantro, reserving a small amount for garnish. Slice the lime in half.
- Place the corn and 1 tsp oil into a large mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together and then spread the corn onto a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until they begin to brown. The corn will cook quickly so keep a close eye on it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped shallot, garlic, red pepper, jalapeño, roasted corn and cilantro. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium to high heat. Add 1 tsp of oil to the pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the salmon and then add to the pan. Cook on each side for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and the flesh is firm.
- Place the lentils in the center of the plate. Top the lentils with the cooked salmon. Spoon salsa over the top of the fish. Garnish with reserved cilantro.