Perfectly crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, cookie butter chocolate chip cookies
What better way to start the new year than with a cookie! I think the cookie really helped get the edge off of last night. I usually make my cookie butter at home, ( I will post the recipe very soon), but it can be purchased from Trader Joe’s which is the only place that I am aware of that sells cookie butter.
If you know me, then you know that I am deeply in love with cookie butter. It’s the like a jar of heavenly butter. I think cookie butter is like the new Nutella, I wonder if it can replace it.. So I whipped up this batch as regular cookie butter cookies but they turned out so insanely crunchy! I really can not explain how delicious these cookies taste right out of the oven!
It was my first New Years here in Philadelphia and coming from NYC I have to say that I am surprised at how amazing the fireworks are here! And I thought that there was no place in the world that can beat Times Square! I guess it’s not about how big the celebration is, it’s about being with your loved ones!
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Whip the butter and sugars for 2 minutes on medium speed
- Add the egg, cookie butter, vanilla, continue mixing.
- with a spatula or wooden spoon mix in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the Chocolate chips and mix until everything is evenly blended.
- Spoon onto a non-greased pan or baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.