Thanks Glad for sponsoring this post! As always, opinions are 100% my own.
You know my favorite thing about fall? APPLE! They are amazing, especially when paired with cinnamon. Seriously, apples + cinnamon = LOVE! Have you ever tried baked apples covered in a gooey cinnamon, brown sugar, buttery coating? For anyone that’s ever tried it, you know what I’m talking about.
When this bread was baking my apartment smelled AMAZING, just like when you are baking cinnamon rolls except 1000x better! As amazing as this apple fritter monkey bread looks, it’s super easy to make and cleanup is a piece of cake thanks to my new favorite kitchen secret! I started using Glad Press’n Seal wraps a few weeks ago to line my bowls and cups before placing them in the fridge.
It worked wonders for storing food and basically wrapping just about anything. I recently discovered how useful it can be for covering just about any surface in and out of the kitchen!
Lately, I’ve been using it to cover the shelves in my fridge, my coffee table when my daughter is painting on it, my counters and cutting boards when I’m working with pastry or sticky ingredients such as caramel and butter. It’s great because it sticks to any surface and pulls right off without leaving any stains at all behind. I’m totally loving it right now because it works wonders with regard to saving time and I’m sure you’re going to love it as much as I do too!
Ready to get baking? I’m going to show you how easy it is to prepare, and bake this recipe and how easy clean up is with Glad Press’n Seal wrap! The first step is lining your countertop or cutting board, of course.
Now pop open two cans of refrigerated biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into 1/4.
Place your small pieces of dough into a ziplock bag with the sugar and cinnamon. Shake the bag a few times to get everything mixed in. Don’t worry about them sticking together, it’s okay.
Now chop your apples, any shape is fine as long as they are small. You can peel the skin if you’d like- I left mine on. Add the apples to dough mixture in the ziplock bag and shake to get everything incorporated.
Pour mixture into a greased bundt pan and top with butter/brown sugar mix. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
How beautiful does that look? Nothing better than fresh bread out of the oven 🙂
Now remove your bread from the pan and drizzle your glaze all over.
Time to pull apart!!
Pull Apart Apple Fritter Monkey BreadPrint Rate
- 2 cans Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 apple diced
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar light or dark
- Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. grease a bundt pan. Combine 1 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a large ziplock bag, shake to combine. Set aside.
- Open two cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.Drop all of the biscuit pieces into the cinnamon-sugar mix, seal the bag and shake until combine.
Now diced the apple and add it to the bag, shake again until fully combined. Pour mixture into a greased bundt pan.
- Melt the two sticks of butter together with ½ cup of brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat or in the microwave. Mix the drown sugar, butter mixture with a spoon until fully combined. Pour mixture evenly over biscuit mixture in the bundt pan.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a golden/brown color. remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before glazing.
- To Make Glaze:
- While the bread is baking combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, mix with a whisk or fork until there are no more lumps and glaze is thick.
This post is brought to you by Glad. Freshness, wrapped up.