One of the many things I miss about NYC is the delicious Lebanese restaurants and the chicken gyros to be exact.. I just love chicken gyros. Like seriously what’s better than marinated chicken coated with creamy tzatziki Sauce and rolled in a pita!
This dish is light, healthy, and super easy to make. Plus, you can make it with the tzatziki sauce or if your like my husband, have it with ketchup instead.
The chicken can be marinated overnight or instantly. The marinated chicken can stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days and is ready to use when needed! it’s great for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon zest + 1 Tsp. juice
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tb. fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- preheat the pan or griddle to medium heat. Cut the chicken into thin slices, place in a medium bowl and add the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and spices. mix with hand or fork until all the chicken pieces are fully coated.
- Place the chicken on the griddle and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes while stirring every few minutes. Remove from griddle and place in a warm flat-breads top with green peppers, onions, and pickles. pour tzatziki sauce on top and enjoy!
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk for 30-45 seconds. For a more creamier texture place in a food processor for 30 seconds. Refrigerate and serve cold.