Cinco De Mayo is coming up soon and I’m sure excited to start making all different kinds of Mexican Dishes! Okay, I’m going to admit.. in case you haven’t notice I already started weeks ago. I am super obsessed with Mexican food these days that I find myself making it 3-4 times a week. That’s a whole lot of tortillas and cheese!
These bean and cheese taquitos (aka tortilla wraps) are the perfect hand-held snack! they very easy to make and only require a few basic ingredients that can be found in your local supermarket. A can of re-fried beans goes a long way.. like seriously, it can make 12-16 taquitos!
- 1 can of re-fried beans
- 1 cup Mexican blend or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 1 teaspoon packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup light chopped cilantro
- 12 small taco size flour tortillas
- oil for frying
- Heat a pan or skillet to medium heat, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil. While the oil is heating, a medium bowl combine the beans, taco seasoning and cilantro.
Lay a tortilla flat and spread 1/8 cup of the bean mixture into the center, leaving about 1/2 inch space on each side. sprinkle with cheese and roll, lay seam side down in pan. Repeat for remaining tortillas until you finish the bean mixture. Turn taquitos once, remove from oil when they are golden brown. Serve with guacamole or salsa.