How springy is this shrimp mango salad? It’s mid January and here I am, eating a shrimp and mango salad. It’s mainly because I really can’t wait for spring to come but it also because doesn’t hurt to enjoy one’s ????
This tropical grilled mango salad will make you forget all about winter and enjoy a nice fresh meal in this chilly weather ???? ????
The sweetness of the mango along with the citric lime vinaigrette, pair very well with the subtle flavor of the warm shrimp. It’s comes together fairly quickly and is ready in under 20 minutes. I like to prepare the salad and vinaigrette ahead of time, and then grill or pan sear the shrimp right before serving. I also like to top my salad with some fresh cheese; it’s a must! I topped this bowl of sweet & savory goodness with some freshly grated parmesan.
- For the Shrimp
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined (leave tail on for presentation)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For the Salad
- 1 mango peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups mixed lettuces any combination Romaine, Bibb, endive, or baby greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh grated parmesan for topping optional
- Lime vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 14 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To Cook Shrimp: In a large bowl, Whisk the garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Preheat grill (or pan) for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until pink.
- To assemble the salad: Place 2 cups of mixed greens in a salad plate, top with fresh-cut mango and cherry tomatoes. Place half the shrimp mixture on the salad and grate fresh parmesan on salad (optional). Lastly, drizzle with the fresh lime vinaigrette just before serving. Repeat for the other plate (this recipe makes two salads).
- To make Lime vinaigrette: Add the olive, fresh lime juice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt to a jar. Close the lid and shake until combine. Pour over salad just before serving.