A tasty mixture of spicy shrimp, sautéed onions & bell peppers, garlic, and melted cheese crisped in a tortilla. These quesadillas are simple and a delicious way to enjoy shrimp!
Calling all shrimp lovers! These DELICIOUS shrimp quesadillas are a must try. We’ve made them countless time and will continue to make them forever. They’re super quick and easy to make, packed with flavor and highlight shrimp in a festive and spicy way.
It’s all made in one pan in under 20 minutes tops. First the onions, bell peppers, and garlic are sauteed for a just a minute. Next, the shrimp and seasoning is added and cooked for just another minute or two (side note, shrimp cooks in literally minutes, which is why I LOVE cooking it).
Now, all that’s left is to add some shrimp mixture in a tortilla, top with cheese, and toast until crispy. The outcome is crispy quesadillas filled with cheesy shrimp and a mouth-watering flavor combo that is out of this world!
Serve the quesadillas with sour-cream, your favorite salsa or guacamole. I served them with my cilantro sour-cream sauce. They store very well in the fridge and can be re-heated in a pan to melt the cheese and crisp the tortilla.
Shrimp QuesadillasPrint Rate
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon EACH garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, salt, black pepper
- 1-2 cups melting cheese mozzarella, cheddar, Mexican blend or Monterey Jack
- 6-8 Medium flour tortillas
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or pan. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- Add the shrimp and taco seasoning and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and rinse and whip down the pan with a paper towel. Return the pan to the heat and spray cooking spray or brush with about 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle cheese on one side of the tortilla. Spoon about 5-6 shrimp or enough to cover with another sprinkle of cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Repeat for reaming tortillas.
- Serve with Sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.