The easiest, creamiest, beef and cheese pasta ever. Even the pasta gets cooked right in the slow cooker!This slow cooker ground beef and cheese pasta was a hit! Just a few basic ingredients tossed in the slow cooker and by dinner time a delicious hearty meal was ready. This is one of those recipes my 7-year-old couldn’t get enough of. She couldn’t even wait until I was done photographing the pasta to eat ????
This is a recipe I make all the time in a pot on the stove-top or in a slow cooker. The pasta goes in uncooked and any type can be used. I like to add heavy cream towards the end of baking for a creamier pasta but that is totally optional. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
To make this yummy pasta add the brown ground beef, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, sautéed onions and garlic, salt, and water.
Cook for 4-5 hours then add the pasta and cheese and give it one more hour. After that dig right into this yummy cheesy pasta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups uncooked pasta any kind
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce about 3 cups
- 1 cup diced tomatoes canned or fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat a medium pan to medium/high heat. Cook ground beef until it browns (5 minutes), drain and remove from the pan and pour into slow cooker.
Wipe the pan with a paper towel and add 1 tablespoon oil to the same pan, cook the onions for 2-3 minute, until soft. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 20 seconds. Turn off heat and pour onions and garlic into slow cooker.
Add the jar of marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, water, and salt. Cook on medium heat for 4 hours.
Next, Add the pasta, heavy cream, half the mozzarella cheese, the parmesan and gently stir. Top with the remaining 1/2 mozzarella cheese and cook for another hour or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm. Enjoy!