Spiced up queso chicken dip packed with chicken, beans, jalapeno, and lots of cheese. Plus, it’s made easy all in your slow cooker
One of my favorite things to serve as a snack is chips and dip. Queso is our favorite dip because it’s creamy, cheesy, and gooey. Today, I’ve spiced up our favorite queso dip with chicken, beans, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lots of cheese.
Plus, it’s super easy to make and all done in your slow cooker so it can be made ahead of time and is ready whenever you need it!
I used two 8 0z Crystal Farms® Cheddar Cheese blocks diced into cubes. The cheese melts and makes the perfect gooey queso for dipping! They are natural products with few preservatives, are a rich source of calcium, gluten-free and lactose tolerant!
To begin simply toss all the ingredients in your slow cooker and slow cook for 2 hours or until everything is gooey and incorporated.
To get the perfect cheesy texture I like to use mild or sharp cheddar cheese along with cream-cheese or sour-cream as a low-fat option.
The result is gooey and cheesy taco chicken dip that is out of this world! All that’s needed to make this a perfect meal is some tortilla chips or tortillas.
- 2 8 oz blocks cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1/2 block cream cheese or sour-cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup olives optional
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dice the blocks of cheese into large chunks. Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on High, stirring occasionally for 1 to 1.5 hours or until cheese is melted and bubbly