Healthy and wholesome Southwestern Avocado Salad loaded with avocado, black beans, corn, bell pepper, cheese, and a lemon honey dressing. It’s simple to put together and will satisfy you while nourishing your body to keep you energized during the day!
Are you trying to eat lighter and healthier than usual? You may want to give up eating fatty foods that are not healthy for you while on a quest to become a much healthier person in general. If that is the case, you will not regret making this Southwest Avocado Salad.
It is, by far, one of the best salads you will ever taste. It contains some of the freshest ingredients that taste so good when put together in a salad bowl. If you have the right ingredients needed to make this simple yet delicious salad, you can enjoy it as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner whenever you feel like having a good salad.
What You’ll Need to Make the Southwest Avocado Salad
There are quite a few essential ingredients that go into the Southwest Avocado Salad, including:
- Avocados. The avocados contain healthy fats and antioxidants that are good for your body.
- Frozen Corn. The corn offers a healthy sweet touch to the salad.
- Chopped Jalapeno. Using jalapeno in this dish is the perfect way to add a bit of a kick to your fresh salad.
- Cilantro. There is something quite addicting about that unique flavor the cilantro adds to any salad, making it bolder and better than before.
- Feta Cheese. Sprinkling feta cheese on top of the salad is the perfect way to complete it.
You will also need a red onion, orange bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes to complete the salad. When preparing the dressing for the salad, you will need to combine olive oil with lemon juice, honey, garlic, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
How to Make the Southwest Avocado Salad
You can make the Southwest Avocado Salad in minutes. Make the vinaigrette for the salad by combining all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, such as the olive oil, lemon juice, and ground cumin.
After you have prepared the vinaigrette, dice your avocados and toss them into a bowl with black beans, corn, cilantro, chopped jalapenos, and more.
Add your dressing into the mix, sprinkle the feta cheese on top, and then mix your ingredients all-around before eating your fresh and delicious salad.
How to Store the Southwest Avocado Salad
Store the Southwest Avocado Salad in a food storage box. It should stay good in the refrigerator for about five days.
Southwest Avocado Salad Variations
If you want to make different variations of the salad, you can add more ingredients or remove some ingredients from the list included in this recipe.
You may want to add shredded chicken, shrimp, or even bacon crumbles to the salad. Tortilla strips, crispy fried onions, capers, and boiled eggs are other ingredients that work perfectly as additions to this fresh and delicious salad. When you want a healthy meal with plenty of flavors, the Southwest Avocado Salad will be a huge hit for you.
Southwest Avocado Salad
For the avocado salad
- 2 medium-sized avocados
- 1 cup canned black bean, drained and washed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
For the lemon dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette by combining the ingredients mentioned for dressing in a bowl and mix it with a fork or whisk and set aside.
- Remove the seeds and dice the avocados; add it to a large bowl along with the black beans, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Add the feta cheese and transfer the salad to a bowl and serve.