I’m a huge fan of sweet crepes but when I’m feeling fit or want a full breakfast, I opt in for healthy savory crepe instead.
These crepe wrapped spinach omelets are very easy to make and are great for breakfast or brunch because they are packed with protein and veggies. Top them off with fresh diced tomato salsa for a real fat burning breakfast.
I used the entire egg for the omelette but you can also make it healthier by using egg whites instead!
Spinach Omelette Crepes
- For the Crepes:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon butter melted
- For the Spinach Omelette:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup torn baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Fresh Tomato Salsa:
- 1 stem tomato diced
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- To Make the Crepes: Combine sugar and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and cover with towel until ready to use.
- To Make the Spinach Omelettes:
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, and stir in the baby spinach and Parmesan cheese. Season with onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, cook the egg mixture about 3 minutes, until partially set. Flip with a spatula, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- To Assemble: Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl. Lay a Crepe flat on a plate; place the omelette on the crepe and wrap into a log. Place seam down on plate and top with the fresh tomato salsa.