Healthy spiralized sweet potato “pasta” with roasted garlic red pepper cream sauce is a tasty, filling low carb dish that’s packed with vitamins!
When I first purchased my spiralizer , I didn’t realize how much I would end up using it and soon discovered how useful and fun it is to make healthy dishes with it. It’s officially taken a front row spot on my kitchen counter and that’s not an easy task considering I only place essentials on the counter.
My list of “spiralized” recipe is getting longer every month but that’s only and truly because of how amazing spiralizing veggies is. It’s not only a quick and easy way to cook veggies, but spiralized veggies are so GOOD and replace fatty carbs without sacrificing texture or flavor.
For this next recipe I’ve got a super simply roasted garlic and red pepper spiralized sweet potato pasta. The peppers and garlic are quickly roasted under the broiler for just a few minutes until they begin to char. They are then purred and simmered with with cream and parmesan and added to the sweet potatoes.
The result is a creamy, flavorful pasta that’s packed with essential vitamins from the sweet potatoes.
Spiralized Sweet Potato Pasta with Roasted Garlic Red Pepper SaucePrint Rate
- 2 large sweet potatoes spiralized to desired size
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped into large pieces
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Place red pepper and garlic on a small baking sheet. Drizzle with a light large of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill under the broiler until the skin is blackened, and the flesh has softened slightly, about 3-5 minutes.
- While the red pepper is roasting, add onion and 1 tablespoon oil to a large heavy duty pan. Cook onion until it begins to turn golden brown. Add roasted red pepper and whole garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour onion, red pepper, and garlic mixture into a blender along with the basil and salt + pepper to taste.
- Return puree to skillet, and reheat until it begins to bowl. Stir in the half-and-half and the parmesan cheese, and spiralized sweet potatoes. Simmer for just 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. Garnish with more parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil (optional).