After posting a few quick and easy recipes this week, I started receiving emails from my readers letting me know how much they appreciated the quick and easy recipes. I now realize that most of us have one thing in common, we are all looking for a quick and easy homemade meal that does not require us to slave in the kitchen for hours. Fortunately, that’s kinda my style. Although I do love to bake and cook I try to keep everything simple and easy with as few ingredients as possible.
I’m one of those type of people that used to think you don’t need a recipe for garlic bread because it’s so god darn easy. After a few bad incidents, I stand corrected, order to make really good garlic bread you need to have the perfect mixture of butter and olive oil. Adding too much butter can make the bread dry and adding too much oil leaves it soggy. I used a mixture of butter and olive with a ratio of 2:1 butter to olive oil.
This recipe is super simple and can be put together in just a few minutes. You basically mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and spread on the bread, then top with cheese and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes. The end result is AMAZING! just imagine the flavors of the garlic and butter mixture, with the gooey cheese, and crunchy bread. This is by far the easiest recipe ever.
Easy Cheesy Garlic BreadPrint Rate
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 large 8-12 oz loaf french bread
- 1 cup Mexican mozzarella, or Italian cheese blend, grated.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or dry Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut loaf down the middle and place on a peace of foil or pan.
- In a small bowl mix the softened butter, olive oil, crushed garlic, and parsley. Spread the mixture on the bread. Top with cheese and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Remove from oven and cut into strips.
- Serve warm with you favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!