Soft crust pizza brushed with herbed garlic, layered with spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, and mushrooms. Truly the best pizza you will ever have
You know how at times I tend to over exaggerate about how delicious something is.. well this is not one of those times! I was craving pizza today and decided to pull out my pizza pan. Now, pizza is a kind of food that you can be very creative when making. With all the topping possibilities how can you not? I used spinach, mushrooms and a special herbed garlic mixture that I brushed over the crust. Seriously, this is the best pizza you will ever have in your life!
Of course, great pizza starts with great dough. The secret to a great pizza crust is kneading it for at least 3-5 minutes , giving it enough time to rise ( I know it’s hard, believe me..) and baking the crust first! Here we have my dough or crust if that’s what you want to call it. As you can see the dough looks very soft and stretchy. We are going to bake the crust for 5 minutes before adding the toppings in order to give it time to bake.
The secret to this pizza is brushing the crust with a wonderful herbed garlic mixture. It gives the crust a beautiful taste. This is a technique that is used by many restaurants yet we home cooks are not aware of. I guess they just want us coming back for more huh..
The Best Spinach Garlic Pizza You Will Ever Have
- Dough1/2 cup warm water +1 tbsp
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ package yeast 1 tsp
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil or corn, vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp semolina or corn flour, or all purpose flour
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach cut in half's about half a bunch
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- 1 tsp dry
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Making the Dough
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, yeast, and 1 tablespoon water. Set aside for 4-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl shift the flour, flour and salt together.
- Pour 1/2 cup water over flour mixture, add the yeast mixture. knead dough for 4-5 minutes until it's no longer sticky.
- Baking The Pizza
- brush the dough with oil and cover in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (highest),
- Grease the pizza pan with 1 tablespoon oil. sprinkle 2 tablespoon semolina or corn flour,
- After the dough has doubled, pouch down and knead for 1 minute. Form a ball and place on the pizza pan and let the dough relax for 5 minutes.
- Now stretch the dough into a crust shape with a 1 inch crust.
- Place the crust in the oven as low as possible for 5 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, chop the garlic into small pieces, saute in a small pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute ( be careful not to go over the minutes because the garlic will burn) add all the spices and remove from heat immediately
- Remove the crust from the oven, brush a layer of the garlic mixture over the whole crust, spread 1/2 cup of marinara sauce evenly over the pizza leaving 1 inch around the edges for the crust, place the spinach leaves over the marinara sauce, add the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, top with mushrooms.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from heat, cut and serve warm.