This post brought to you by Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fall is right around the corner, it’s literally here. School has begun and all signs of summer are disappearing. There’s just a few more days left and I really really want to make good use of them.
Today I decided to go with burgers since they are the ultimate summer time food of course.
I topped the burgers with delicious caramelized onions and peppers and soft onion buns. Seriously, delicious. If you usually top your burgers with caramelized onions then you know what I’m talking about. Not a bell pepper fan? don’t worry, I feel ya. They are totally optional but I seriously recommended trying them cause they are amazing when caramelized.
For the protein I went with turkey because it’s leaner than beef. I used butterball original seasoned frozen turkey burgers rather than than ground turkey since they are so much easier to use and are pre-packed in perfect portions to make a perfect burger every time!
Butterball Turkey Burgers give you the indulgence and great taste you want when craving a burger, with less fat and calories than a beef burger.
Unlike other turkey burgers, you don’t have to sacrifice a great tasting, juicy burger. They are also lean and delicious, so you can make better choices for your family, without having to give up the great taste you want or worrying that your family won’t like it.
They come in 4 varieties
–Original Seasoned – the great taste, juiciness, and bun covering 1/3 lb size of a beef burger with less fat
–Sweet Onion – the same great burger experience as our Original, with the savory flavor of sweet onion
–Cheddar – the indulgence and great flavor of a cheeseburger with less fat and calories
-All Natural White – the healthiest turkey burger possible, in the right size for the most health conscious consumers, at ¼ lb, but still a delicious, juicy burger experience
I went with the good old original seasoned because my daughter seems to like it the most. Although I highly suggest trying out the cheddar! If you do try them out, please leave a comment and let me know what you think!
That’s all for today folks. Have a great weekend! 🙂
- 4 Butterball Frozen Turkey Burgers any flavor
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 burger buns I used onion buns
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- To make the caramelized onions and peppers: Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until onions are caramelized and peppers are tender and slightly browned, about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from heat and top burgers.
- Heat grill or large pan to medium/high heat. Gently coat both sides of the frozen burgers with oil. Place burgers on hot pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. Be sure the burgers are cooked thoroughly before removing from heat.
- Place 1 leaf of Romain lettuce on each bun, drizzle desired amount of ketchup, top with burger and caramelized onions and peppers. Enjoy!