I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
I’ve never been the meatball kind of gal my entire life. I remember back in elementary school I could not stand the taste of meatballs. I would opt in for the peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead while everyone else enjoyed their meatballs. Even now as an adult I’m still no a huge fan of meatballs and hardly make them but my daughter loves them.
While I was in the supermarket I saw a fresh pack of ground turkey so I decided to go ahead and try my meatballs recipe with turkey instead.Turkey is one of the most under-valued meats. It’s super lean, healthy and so delicious!
I ended up getting 1 pound of turkey, a can of Hunt’s basil crushed tomatoes and tomatoes sauce. I knew this was going to be good!!
Both the sauce and meatballs are fairly easy to make and put together. You only need one pot or pan for the entire recipe and it all comes together in under 30 minutes!
For the meatballs your going to need a pound of turkey, 1 egg, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, some parsley or cilantro and 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Combine all the ingredient s either by hand or spoon and roll into balls 1 inch balls and gently toss into the tomato sauce.
- Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unpacked parsley or cilantro chopped
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 28 oz can Hunt's® basil garlic & oregano crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz Hunt's® basil garlic & oregano tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large wide skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and minced garlic and allow to gently simmer for 2 minutes or until garlic begins to turn golden in color. Add the can of crushed tomatoes and can of tomato sauce. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmer combine all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large mixing bowl until a soft dough like texture if formed. Form into 1 inch balls using a scooper or by hand. Gently place the meatballs in the tomato sauce while it's simmering (do not stir). Allow to simmer for 15 minutes then gently shake the pan and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve with spaghetti, on rice or alone with bread.
I picked up all the essentials for this recipe at Walmart #DinnerDone #CollectiveBias — Hunt’s tomatoes are peeled with a unique flash steam method and contain no lye or artificial preservatives. Find more great recipes and information on Hunt’s tomatoes at www.hunts.com and http://www.readyseteat.com