I would hardly call this a recipe but I thought I would share this great way to have breakfast with you guys. I’ve been having breakfast like this a few days a week now during my weight loss journey and it has really helped me. The lime cleanses your system and the fresh veggies give you a boost without the added carbs.
With that being said, If you haven’t jumped on the stuffed avocado boat, then this is a perfect way to do so. What better way to start your day then with fresh avocado, tomatoes, lime and a sunny side egg. This low-carb, paleo breakfast is perfect if you are on a diet or simply want to eat a fresh light breakfast that won’t weigh you down.
This breakfast will take you less than 10 minutes to prepare and cook and is totally worth it! The avocado is stuffed with thinly diced tomatoes, jalapeno, a squeeze of lemon and cilantro. It is then topped with fresh sour cream and served with a side of either scrambled or sunny side egg.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup freshly diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded rinsed, finely diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour-cream or greek yogurt
- For the egg:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the core with a knife. Combine the diced tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, and juice of 1/2 lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place half the mixture in each avocado half. Top with a drizzle or spoon of sour-cream and serve with the side of eggs.
- To cook the eggs:Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. A large pan would be spacious enough to hold 2-3 eggs. Once the pan has heated (about 1 minute) add oil and eggs. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and top the stuffed avocado with the egg or serve on the side. Enjoy!