Chili Lime Chicken and Rice Meal Prep Bowls
Meal-prep chili lime chicken, rice, and fajita veggie bowls.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or 4 small pieces
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers optional
- 4 cups cooked rice of choice
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons lime zest or zest of 1 lime
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced or crush
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 meal-prep containers
To Cook Chicken: In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken and mix until fully coated. Preheat grill or skillet to medium-high; grease with a little oil. Transfer chicken to pan and discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.Cool chicken for 5 minutes then slice.
Remove chicken from the pan and immediately add sliced bell peppers to the same pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until charred.
Let everything come to room temperature before assembling the meal prep boxes. To assemble, Add 1 cup of cooked rice into 4 meal prep containers. Divide chicken and bell peppers into each box. Shut the lid and refrigerate for up to four days.