Meal Prep - Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper sliced into strips
- sesame seeds for garnish optional
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 meal prep containers
- For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce or 2 tablespoons dark soy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger optional
Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink 2-3 minutes.
Whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
Add the teriyaki sauce to chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thick.Remove chicken from heat.
Add the broccoli florets and bell pepper to the same pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bell pepper is slightly softened.
Divide the chicken and broccoli into 4 meal prep containers. Add 1/2 cup of brown rice into each container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and cover. refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1meal | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 738mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1215IU | Vitamin C: 78.8mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.9mg