Creamy Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
Tender spicy grilled shrimp, diced avocado, tomato, and a cream mixture of mayo, sour cream and cilantro all stuffed into avocado skins. This nutritious flavor-packed filling meal is great for low-carb keto diets.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp deveined and peeled
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning store-bought or homemade
- 1 tsp olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped of diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced, optional
For the creamy dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo or replace with sour-cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp cilantro minced
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine the shrimp and taco seasoning in a small bowl or zip-seal bag. Heat a medium pan over medium. Add the oil and shrimp and cook -2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan, cool for 1-2 minutes and chop.
Cut the avocados in half. Score the avocado first in the skin, and then scoop out the avocado cubes with a large spoon into a large mixing bowl; Set the skins aside. Add the cooked chopped shrimp and diced tomatoes the bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk all the incidents for the dressing and pour onto the shrimp and avocado mixture. Fill the avocado skins with the mixture and serve immediately.
- If using frozen shrimp, run under cold water for 1-2 minutes or until the shrimp begin to soften. Drain and dry completely with a paper towel.
- If using cooked shrimp, simply skip step one and combine the cooked shrimp with the avocado and dressing.
- For a low-calorie option, replace the mayo or/and the sour cream with greek yogurt.